Cognitive Behavoural Therapy CBT Letterkenny
Cognitive behavioural therapy is a therapy that encourages you to talk about how you think and feel about yourself, other people and the world in general. We also look at how you actions can affect your thoughts and feelings.
The aim of CBT is to change our thought patterns, our conscious and unconscious beliefs, our attitudes and our behaviour in order to help us face difficulties and achieve our goals.
What Can CBT help?
- Panic attacks
- Anger Issues
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Eating disorders
Benefits of CBT
- Become more aware of any potential stressors and triggers
- Learn how to address these in a healthy manner
- Learn how to avoid stressors and triggers
- Able to identify negative thoughts
- Able to avoid self-destructive actions
- Know how to act with a greater regard for your mental health
- Increases self esteem
- Coping skills improve
- Improved social skills and communication skills
- Positive thinking
- Can function better in unfamiliar situations
Better quality of life